Teaching skills are an important asset of a researcher planning an academic career. Taking into account scientific evidence of the learning sciences, this workshop aims at enhancing the quality of teaching and learning.
The online workshop touches issues like developing more consciousness for the role as lecturer/teacher as well as basic didactical knowledge for planning and structuring courses/seminars. The aims and functions of different teaching methods and techniques for leading discussions will be outlined, including a unit concerning design and visual aids.
- How to define learning objectives
- How to structure courses – designing a detailed structure plan
- How to use methods for different teaching formats, course phases and group sizes
- How to instruct, conduct and evaluate different methods
- Designing and using visual aids for teaching situations
- Leading groups and discussions
- Using communication techniques for teaching
Language of the Workshop: English
Date/Time: Monday, September 28, 2020, Thursday, September 29, 2020, and Wednesday, September 30, 2020, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (CET)
Certificate of Attendance: Participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
The course is already fully booked.