This training programme is focused on innovation in health, so as to contribute to improve the development of different business ideas and new business creation, within the framework of methodologies and techniques for defining and validating business models such as Business Model Canvas, by Alexander Osterwalder and Customer Development, by Steve Blank.
With Innovation 4 Health, EUGLOH aims at equipping participants with the necessary tools and transversal skills needed to enter the business world, namely in the field of Health, such as an entrepreneurial mind-set, problem-solving, team spirit, creative and critical thinking, leadership and communication.
This activity is targeted at students willing to participate on an entrepreneurial journey! The proposed activity is opened to students from the 5 EUGLOH partner Universities and no background in economics or any related area is necessary.
Participants will be organized in teams, considering the diversity of cultures, backgrounds, areas and study levels, so as to enable a true multidisciplinary and intercultural experience.
Participation is eligible for 3 ECTS and a certificate of attendance will be issued to participants.
Proposed Schedule/Programme (CET)
Lectures (30 hours) + mentoring (3 hours) + asynchronous teamwork (48 hours):
- June 29: Introduction to the programme, participants match and group constitution + group work
- June 30: Entrepreneurship 101 + group work
- July 1: Customers, relations & channels + group work + 30 min individual mentoring session with health specialist
- July 2: Business Model Development in the Health field + group work + 30 min individual mentoring session with business specialist
- July 3: Customer development and validation + group work
- July 6: Viability & Feasibility + group work
- July 7: Business needs in the Health field + group work + 30 min individual mentoring session with health specialist
- July 8: Feedback & the Art of Pivoting + group work + 30 min individual mentoring session with business specialist
- July 9: Business Plan in the Health field + group work + 30 min individual mentoring session with health specialist
- July 10: Pitch Preparation + group work + 30 min individual mentoring session with business specialist
You can find a detailed schedule in the Downloads section.
Registration is open:
- For candidates with a business idea at: https://international.up.pt/event_registration/form/ev/43692af44bba09c8cebd737afd97a5ac
- For candidates without a business idea at: https://international.up.pt/event_registration/form/ev/b8791147e870680fcda52255fdd569d9
Registration deadline: 25th of June 2020
In case of questions please contact the EUGLOH Team@U.Porto: email@example.com