This is a one-week and face-to-face school during which students will learn how to develop their own social start-up. This course is going to be hands-on as students are going to actually develop a social business in the area of global health, which they have to present by pitching it in the end of the week.
In the Social Entrepreneurship 4 Health Course, participants will:
- Understand problems of Global Health
- Acquire tools and methodologies to entrepreneurially solve a challenge and apply them to social start-ups
- Develop own ideas and create a business model
- Analyse and create impact
- Get to know and learn from two social startups
Voices from past participants:
“The course was extremely meaningful for me. It was very well organised and precise. The tutors/mentors were very knowledgeable, friendly, and easy to approach. The entire organising team did a fantastic job and made it a very special experience. Hope to come back in the future to learn more about this subject and would love to collaborate and put our learning into practice in the real world to solve health challenges.“
"The issues that were discussed at this event are very relevant not only in Europe, but also in the world."
"I really enjoyed the hands-on work and being able to connect with new people from other parts of the world."
"I liked the internationality, the different backgrounds of the participants and the topic of course. I really enjoyed this during the program."
“SE4H was a great but intense experience. I liked the lectures with immediate chance to apply the knowledge in group work and the freedom to ideate our own idea. Also, the internationality and intercultural experience was great. I loved the talk of our guest speaker from hello better as well as the nice feedback form the jury at the pitches. Overall it has been a really good experience.“
Language of workshop: English
Certificate/ECTS: 2 ECTS (3 ECTS are possible with an extra essay) + Certificate (Please note: students must organise the recognition of credits at their home universities themselves)
Prior to the course, participants take the online course edX “Enabling Entrepreneurs To Shape a Better World” introducing them to the basics of (social) entrepreneurship. They should at least work through Module 1 (4h):
- Entrepreneurship and You
- Social Innovation
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Social Business
After the pre-course, the participants meet in person in Munich to work on developing impact-driven business models.
- What is social entrepreneurship?
- How to understand Global Health challenges?
- How does the European Social Entrepreneurship ecosystem work?
- Examples of social startups and Q&A pitching
- How to create an idea?
- How to create and assess impact (theory of change)?
- How to create a business model
- How to create a financial model
- How to pitch your idea and impact story
- Final Ceremony: Pitches and Feedback of Jury
Jury Members and Mentors