Call for Biomedical engineering students:
If you are a EUGLOH final year Undergraduate Student, Master or PhD Student and have an innovative idea (up to TRL 3 – Technology Readiness Level 3) in the field of biomedical engineering, we invite you to submit your innovative idea in this Idea Challenge.
As a young researcher you will be able to:
- Work together and exchange experience/knowledge with students from other EUGLOH universities
- Build your scientific approch through mentorship provided by the field experts
- Undestand market demand for your innovative idea
- Build your capabilities in a proposal writing (such as Horizon), in a moving up on TRL scale, in understanding a business part of an innovation, and in a pitch
- Learn how to pitch an innovative idea in front of a jury
What do you need to know and do in order to take part in this Idea Challenge?
- If you want to understand the whole idea behind this Idea Challenge and how to submit the application form of your innovative idea, you can apply for the preparation webinar by September 17th: Webinar "How to prepare an innovative idea for submission"
- Attend the online webinar “How to prepare an Innovative Idea for submission” on September 18th. Notice: This webinar is not obligatory.
- Register and submit your innovative idea by October 2nd, 2023, 23:59 CET. Link in Registration section.
- On October 10th you will know if your innovative idea is chosen and in which team you are.
- Between October 10th and October 23rd, you will communicate with your team members concerning your mutual innovative idea.
- On October 23rd, you and your team will have a 1-hour online 1:1 meeting with the mentor from the field to which your innovative idea belongs. Upon the mentor’s feedback, you and your team will work on the innovative idea.
- In order to be prepared for the pitching event, you and your team will have an online webinar “How to prepare an innovative idea for pitching” on November 3rd.
- In the time between the webinar and an online 1:1 mentoring session with a business consultant, you and your team will work on a presentation. You will present at an online 1:1 session with the mentor on November 17th. You and your team will improve the presentation upon the mentor’s suggestions.
- Travel to the University of Novi Sad in Serbia for the three day Idea Challenge event from November 28th-30th. The agendas for the three days can be found in the downloads section.
From a theoretical point of view, you will learn:
- The road from an idea to an innovation
- Proposal writing techniques for an innovation project
- Presentation of ongoing biomedical engineering innovation projects
From a practical point of view, you will do:
- Scientific and market development of the nominated innovative ideas through workshops, mutual consultations, and consultations with mentors (from both scientific and business fields).
- You will use the acquired knowledge to make an effective presentation of your team’s idea
- The action will end with a pitching day where you and your team will present the innovative idea
Certificate of attendance
This activity is part of Work Package 3.