PhD students often face the challenge to present scientific posters at meetings. The generation of adequate posters is usually not a matter of just a few hours. Special care has to be taken to adjust contents and design to a typical brief presentation in a poster session. How to make a poster attractive and scientifically correct at the same time? This is one of many questions that will be dealt with in this workshop.
- Aims of poster presentations
- The anatomy of scientific posters: Vital parts and add-ons
- Preparations to be taken ahead of the generation of posters
- Evaluation of “suboptimal“ posters: What makes a bad poster?
- The essentials of a good poster
- Participants generate drafts of important poster parts: Title, Introduction, Conclusion
- How to present a poster and how not to present a poster
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance.