This is a one-week school during which students will learn how to develop their own social start-up. The course is going to be hands-on as students are going to actually develop a social business in the area of global health, which they have to present by pitching it in the end of the week.
In the Social Entrepreneurship 4 Health Course, participants will:
- Understand problems of Global Health
- Acquire tools and methodologies to entrepreneurially solve a challenge and apply them to social start-ups (Impact Assessment, Business Model Canvas)
- Develop own ideas and create a business model
- Analyze and create impact
- Get to know and learn from two social startups
The course will be a challenge as you will need to dedicate your time during this week to the course (see programme). Therefore, challenge yourself, create something new and – last but not least – have fun co-creating!
Voices from past participants:
"The issues that were discussed at this event are very relevant not only in Europe, but also in the world."
"I really enjoyed the hands-on work and being able to connect with new people from other parts of the world."
"I liked the internationality, the different backgrounds of the participants and the topic of the course. I really enjoyed this during the programme."
Language of workshop: English
Certificate/ECTS: 2 ECTS + Certificate (Please note: students must organise the recognition of credits at their home universities themselves)
Prior to the course, participants take the online course edX “Enabling Entrepreneurs To Shape a Better World” introducing them to the basics of (social) entrepreneurship. They should at least work through Module 1 (4h):
- Entrepreneurship and You
- Social Innovation
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Social Business
After the pre-course, the participants meet virtually to work on developing impact-driven business models.
- What is social entrepreneurship?
- How to understand Global Health challenges?
- How does the European Social Entrepreneurship ecosystem work?
- Examples of social startups and Q&A pitching
- How to create an idea?
- How to create and assess impact (theory of change)?
- How to create a business model
- How to create a financial model
- How to pitch your idea and impact story
- Final Ceremony: Pitches and Feedback of Jury
Mentors and Jury Members
- Dr. Fei Tian, Digital Health Innovations Specialist and Business Development Strategy Consultant LinkedIn
- Véronique Tibayrenc, International Project Manager, Business Mentor and Entrepreneurship Educator LinkedIn and Pascale Vareille LinkedIn
- Véronique Tibayrenc, International Project Manager, Business Mentor and Entrepreneurship Educator LinkedIn and Alexis Biton, European Innovative Business and Reserach Specialist: LinkedIn
- Isabel Martins Silva, Corporate Social Responsibility and Communications Specialst: LinkedIn and Raphael Stanzani, Entrepreneuship Specialist and Interdisciplinary Thinker: LinkedIn
- Jan-Frederik Kuhlmann, Start-up Coach and Entrepreneurship Specialist: LinkedIn
- Alessandra Gessl, consultant to health and wellbeing startups: LinkedIN
- Marcelo de la Cruz, LMU Institute for Innovation Management LinkedIn
- Luisa Ferreira , Economic Advisor at European Investment Bank LinkedIn
- Paola Raffaelli, LU Postdoctoral Researcher bringing together social entrepreneurship and grassroots innovations: LinkedIn
- Joana Carrilho, EIT Health Hub Project Manager, LinkedIn
Registration: Please register HERE.
Contact person: In case of questions please contact Anna Schwark Anna.Schwark@Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE.
The course will take place with min. 20 and max. 30 participants. The selection criteria are as follows:
- Equal distribution among universities
- First come, first served