Writing scientific manuscripts is rewarding but can also turn out to be a difficult task. This interactive workshop gives assistance to doctoral candidates who are facing the challenge of writing a scientific paper or a thesis. The participants will be guided through the entire process of scientific writing, step by step. The workshop starts with the first drafts of the scientific story, deals with the generation of figures and texts, and intensively discusses the contents and logic that reviewers expect from a good manuscript. The importance of interactions with supervisors and co-authors will be pointed out and, finally, problems with writing or publishing will also be dealt with.
- How to prepare the writing phase
- Drafts as a decisive writing tool
- The "center" of your manuscript
- The "Big Three": Introduction, Results, Discussion
- Showcase of your manuscript: Title and Abstract
- Submission of publications
- Writing reviews
- Dealing with problems in writing and publishing
Participants will be asked to hand in a questionnaire and prepare topics for writing exercises two weeks prior to the workshop.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
- Tue 17 Nov 2020: 9:00 am – 17:30 pm (CET)
- Wed 18 Nov 2020: 9:00 am – 16:00 pm (CET)
Registration: Please note that this course is already fully booked and closed for registration.
Contact person: In case of questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration deadline: 27 Oct 2020
Number of participants: 16