Aim of the course:
Today we all acknowledge that global society face a number of challenges that need new and creative solutions. Adding to that, we need to learn how to handle uncertainties and unpredictable situations in a productive and progressive way. In order to cope with these challenges and uncertainties there is a call for more entrepreneurial knowledge and skills.
This course aims to:
- introduce students to the development process of an entrepreneurial project,
- introduce students to the entrepreneurial mindset that is needed for the development process to take place, and
- introduce students to the dynamics of team work.
The course contains 4 days of online studies, and 2 days of team work, where the task is to deliver a solution to a challenge.
(Note: The planned onsite part of team work will due to Covid19 be done online.)
Schedule (time schedules are expressed in CET):
- October 29, 3-5 PM - Virtual introductory meeting Meet and greet, discussion of expectations, rules of the game.
- November 8, 12 PM - Deadline online module 1: Entrepreneurship and its role in society Online module to be completed individually at any time before deadline.
- November 22, 12 PM - Deadine online module 2: The entrepreneurial process Online module to be completed individually at any time before deadline.
- December 6, 12 PM - Deadline online module 3: The entrepreneurial mindset and the role of creativity Online module to be completed individually at any time before deadline.
- December 20, 12 PM - Deadline online module 4: Team work Online module to be completed individually at any time before deadline.
- December 21, 3-5 PM - Virtual follow up meeting Follow up and discussion about the modules, reflections on takeaways and what to bring forward to the teamwork in January.
- January 18, 8-10 AM - Virtual meeting: Introduction to project work The project work will be in the format of a "hackaton" running over two days (January 18 and 19). One challenge will be introduced, and teams formed. Rules of the game introduced.
- January 18, from 10 AM - Team work, online and offline Teams work to solve the challenge.
- January 19, 8-10 AM - Virtual Q&A session Opportunity for the teams to ask questions.
- January 19, until 4 PM - Team work, online and offline Teams work to solve the challenge.
- January 19, 4-6 PM - Virtual meeting: Presentations Teams present their solutions and vote for a winner.