This interactive Webinar aims to help students of all levels and fields to experience new cultures and communicate with people of diverse cultural backgrounds. It will, in addition, encourage participants to critically reflect about Self-Transcendence, Global Peace and how citizens can contribute to a better world by accepting cultural differences.
Main topics covered:
- Definition(s) of Culture
- Edward T. Hall and the Cultural Iceberg Theory;
- Culture, communication and cross-cultural misunderstanding;
- Tolerance, respect and cultural sensitivity;
- UN and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
- Self-awareness and self-transcendence towards Global Peace;
- The contribution of Sri Chinmoy to the UN and towards Global Peace.
This online seminar will feature a lecture by a Professor, ice-breaking discussions in breakout rooms, questions for self-reflection and time for discussion between Professor and peers. There will also be a small assessment quiz at the end.
Certificate of attendance for students who attend the full webinar and complete the quiz
Number of Places
There are around 50 places available, selected on a first come first served basis and equally distributed among EUGLOH partner universities.