This course aims:
- to give you an understanding of the conventions of academic writing in English and to teach you the components and benefits of what is called process writing.
- to help you to put together your own “toolbox” of academic writing skills, as well as to give you a chance to test out these tools and to reflect on your own development as a writer.
- to encourage reflection on discipline specific conventions;
Although the course deals with generic skills, you will be able to apply these generic skills to meet the particular needs of your own discipline.
The course consists of four modules:
- Writing in English at university: An introduction
- Structuring your text and conveying your argument
- Using sources in academic writing
- The writer’s toolbox: Editing and proofreading
The course is free of charge and 100% online. Start instantly and learn at your own schedule.
Contact & Registration: https://www.coursera.org/learn/writing-english-university?action=enroll#about